Whether you are the employer or the would-be employee wannabe, the way you shake hand with the other person conveys a lot about you.
 I am not a psychologist but I am a keen observer of human behavior and body language.  I have shook hands with a lot of people, the number I am not sure but more than a hundred thousand I'm sure, in my past careers as journalist, teacher, school paper adviser and journalism students coach in competitions.  I still shake hands with a lot of people in my volunteer jobs in the community I am in.
Most arrogant or aggressive ones shake hands too hard.  I have to speak up saying, "Wait, you are almost breaking my hand." On the other hand, those who are too shy, lacking confidence, or drive usually shake hands too light as if they are not interested in you.  Or too germophobic like Mr. Monk.  Both do show extreme personalities we usually do not like.
The best handshake is one that fits the other person's hand snugly with warmth, not too hard nor too weak but with force felt and energy transfer or exchange as if saying, "I trust you, I am happy for you, I want to work with you."
I also read a lot about the psychology of handshake but the above were my actual observations so I do not intend to make a pedagogic essay here citing references and giving accreditations.  Suffice it to say, this is my post to share for the day.